Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dental Realizations

I visited my dentist today for I'm feeling a bit of discomfort whenever I'm biting. A little achy. Ever since,  I've always had fear on losing my teeth. I dream about it a lot. I know some may say, it's bad luck. But for me, it's just simply a frustration. I'm scared because I smoke, and as they say, it's a big chance of you losing your teeth with nicotine. Though I rarely smile and show my teeth on pictures, I still want them intact forever.

My dentist since birth Dr. Riza de Leon, (who's the best dentist ever!!!) advised me that I do not have to worry anything besides the usual dental care. And of course, the mandatory cleaning every 3 months (not 6 months!). She explains how new dental technology had evolved and new treatments/services are now readily available to save one's teeth. All you need is a big investment. No prob. *Happy* So, if us ghels invests on $3,000 handbags, why not on a dental procedure ryt?

So anyways, my dentist advised me to switch to a lighter toothbrush because I have been over-brushing. Yes I'm guilty. Ok ok. And have regular cleaning because of the nicotine. OK.

I was so delighted that somehow, I got rid of my dentures/jacket fear. I am NOT against these people wearing jackets, implants or dentures. And I don't mind if you are wearing one. It's not something I laugh about. I am just not comfortable of having one. YET.

I also remember telling my dentist to start creating a form on my existing teeth, so when the time everything falls off, we know exactly the size of my previous teeth was. She was just LOLing hard. Ok ok. This is just praning moment... nuff

But what's really weird is, people don't talk about dental esthetics at all? I mean, I don't see tweets or facebook statuses that goes, "Going to have my teeth jacket repaired today! Excited!"  OR  "Finally getting my dentures!! Yey!"   But it's OK to say, "My gawd, my hair is soo overly-damaged na and I soo need a hair repair treatment!"

Hahaha! Wala lang.. Just a thought.. For me, it's both esthetics, which deals with the nature of beauty. Same shit. :-)




MMMWWWAAHHHH!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment